Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Empty
PostSubject: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Antonio hummed cheerfully as he pushed open the doors and walked into the greenhouses. He rolled up his sleeves, enjoying the feeling of the hot humidity within the building. He didn't really have an intention for coming to the greenhouse, it just happened to be his favorite place in the whole school. All the plants! He would have to remember to build one of these for the winter seasons, he was quite sure that his parents wouldn't mind.

Walking up the aisles, he walked down the aisles, pausing every once in a while to peer at a plant (after he was sure it wouldn't bite off his face off or something). He came to the end of the first aisle and paused, a confused look etched clearly on his face. Now what was this weird looking plant? It looked like a great, big, slimy slug had been turned right side up and stuffed into the soil. Bubbles of green-yellow pus covered it. Antonio stared at it in both wonder and disgust as it squirmed a little before his eyes.

"Now, what is this?" He muttered, frowning.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:29 pm

Lovino could cite very few places in the school that he liked being. His dorm room, the library, one of the numerous unused potions labs in the dungeons, and here. The green houses were near the top of his list when it came to places he wanted to be.

Especially because, despite how wonderful the green houses were, no one really came to them when they didn't have a class. As there was only one teacher for all of the classes, it was easy to avoid the classes when he wanted to come here, weither it was for a project or for potions ingredients or just to spend time with the plants.

Which is why Lovino scowled immediately upon seeing the Hufflepuff come into the green house. Antonio was a rather large annoyance to him; he wasn't a terrible person - in fact he was one of the nicer ones Lovino knew - but he reminded the Slytherin far too much of his parents for Lovino to feel comfortable around him. But he refused to leave the green houses now, so the Italian contented himself with ignoring the older student.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Antonio was so tempted to reach out and run a finger down the length of the upside-down or right-side-up slug plant. It was so slimy and twitchy and a real curiosity. The Hufflepuffler already knew the consequences of touching something strange, he had experienced it first hand actually, and the rashes he got had not been pleasant. Nor was the time he nearly lost his hand.

But, oh, it was so fascinating. He had half the mind to smuggle the plant into his room and keep it there until the end of the year. Perhaps he could show his parents, back in Spain, surely they would know.

He tilted his head up and looked around the greenhouse, he had heard shuffling of another pair of footsteps before, surely there was somebody else of greater knowledge here. Blinking, Antonio took a few steps back to peer in between the rows of plants, hoping that perhaps there was somebody he could ask. His eyes finally landed on the familiar figure of some Slytherin student. Antonio frowned, brows furrowing together as he raked him brain in an attempt to recall his name.

"Ah! Uh, Lo...Lo...Lorenzo, is it?" He called, a friendly smile on his face, and something like a sheepish furrow of his brows.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Lovino knew he didn’t exactly blend in with the plants, not being green and leafy the way most of them were, but he was going to try his hardest to hide amongst them whilst avoiding Antonio. Not that he really needed to avoid the older student; Antonio wasn’t the brightest and Lovino doubted he would be looking very hard for any one else.

Still, better to hide than to risk getting seen and put into an awkward situation. Lovino went over to the section in the green houses that was reserved for student grown plants and projects, looking sadly at the plants that had been abandoned by students who found their studies more important than the plants that needed their attention. Seeing the plants all brown and nearly dead was sad to the Italian, especially knowing just how helpful most of those plants could be.

Nodding to himself, he resolved to take care of these plants and make them grow larger than before, or larger than what their previous owners could have done. Lovino tensed and looked up as Antonio started talking to him, scowling when he was called by the last name. “No, dumb ass, it’s Lovino. What do you want?” He demanded, glaring at him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:16 pm

He knew he had gotten something wrong. The name hadn't felt quite right on his tongue. "Lovino, oh, I'm sorry!" Antonio clapped his hands together and bowed his head a little, with a sheepish grin on his face. "I have problems remembering names - er - it's not exactly my forte." Lovino seemed to be extremely annoyed at him, so the Hufflepuffler figured he best be quick with his question.

"You're knowledgeable in the field of plants, yes?" He gestured towards the slimy plant a little ways down from where he was. "I saw this plant, and it's all...slimy and twitchy. Um, I was going to touch it, but I thought that would be a stupid idea. I really want to know what it is though. If you would, I mean, if you don't mind helping me out a little?"

Antonio blinked and cast a look down the particular row or plants. He frowned at how dead they all seemed, "Poor plants. Abandoned by silly children."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Lovino just crossed his arms and listened to Antonio ramble on about his apology and why he called the Italian by the wrong name, not really caring about the explanation. But the accent... god Lovino missed his parents. He scowled and glared more at Antonio for reminding him of his parents even though he was sure it wasn't the Spaniard's intention to do so. It was still his fault and so Lovino was going to blame him for it.

He nodded in response to Antonio's question and looked at the plant in question, tilting his head as he looked it over. He snorted. "At least you were smart enough not to touch it." Lovino was incredibly tempted to offer him a cookie for being a good boy. But he wasn't going to insult someone in the year above him, even if he didn't like that someone.

He pulled on a pair of gardening gloves and carefully examined the plant. He knew of at least three different plants that looked like this, and two of them were toxic. "Mm... children are incredibly stupid, not silly." He said, looking over the plant. Pulling away, he turned to Antonio and told him what it was in as much detail as he remembered. May as well be as useful as he possibly could be. He might even be able to say that Antonio owed him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:34 pm

He was a bit taken aback by the iciness of Lovino's scowl and glare. Getting his name wrong must of been pretty bad for him to be so angry. But when he said that he had been smart enough to not touch the plant, Antonio couldn't help but to feel a sense of accomplishment fill him. "Gracias!"

When he heard Lovino go on to call the children stupid, he wanted to tell him that everybody was born un-knowing and that stupid would not be the right term to use. But Lovino had already started explaining so he opted to keep his mouth shut.

Antonio listened intently, olive eyes wide in both awe and horror. What an evil, evil plant this was! His prediction about the extent of the Slytherin's knowledge had been right after all. Lovino's detailed explanation on the plant had definitely surprised him as he had not expected anything more than a brief answer, especially since he had unintentionally offended him. After Lovino had finished, Antonio breathed in amazement. "Wow, Lovino, I guessed right! You really are all-knowing with plants." He laughed, "I'm sure my parents would love to meet you, they are slightly disappointed at my incapability to remember such details about plants."
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Lovino rolled his eyes as Antonio thanked him for calling him 'smart enough not to touch the plant', knowing the Hufflepuff hadn't realized yet that he was still calling him stupid. He decided just to move on with the explanation, disregarding any comment Antonio might have made about his 'stupid' remark.

He smirked at the wide-eyed look of horror and awe on the other teen's face, finding it amusing enough to temporarily put aside his hatred of the teen. Lovino was almost rambling as he talked about the plant, enjoying the ability to wow an older classmate of his. It was incredibly fun - he would have to indulge in this more often.

He finally finished and took a moment to push away the information of how the plant worked in potions and what it was meant to do and all that, knowing that Antonio didn't actually care about that part. He smirked at the compliment, nodding. "Of course I am. After all, I actuall--... what?"

Lovino stared at him, slightly wide-eyed. Meeting his parents? Lovino was sure it was just a passing mention and not something that was really going to happen, but... the idea of meeting a couple who were probably just like his own parents but magical - or at least more open about their magic - left him speechless and searching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:06 am

Did he say something wrong again? Antonio blinked, returning Lovino's searching gaze with a completely dumbfounded and confused one. He furrowed his brows for a moment and looked down at his feet, trying to search for any sign of offense in what he had just said a moment earlier.

He looked up again and blinked, "Eh...I don't think I said anything awful that time," Antonio told Lovino honestly, "Uhm..." He trailed off, looking away in another attempt to find the fault in joking about meeting his parents. Perhaps Lovino hadn't realized it was just words, and that there was no serious attachment to it? But Lovino should be smart enough to know right?

Going back to looking at Lovino with the same stupidly confused look, Antonio really didn't know what to do - or say. "I'm...sorry?"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 am

Lovino blinked and snapped out of his mood as Antonio started talking, scowling and flushing at the fact that he had been reduced to the state of a simpleton by a joking remark. Great, just fucking great. He was never going to live this down; there's no way Antonio wouldn't spread this to at least his little fucking friends, and then it would spread more, and then Lovino would be seen as the idiot who couldn't take a joke.

He rolled his eyes and glared at Antonio as he apologized, gritting his teeth. "Shut up idiot, stop talking." He ordered, not really caring if Antonio didn't appreciate being treated like a minion. Lovino had to work damage control on this and fast if he wanted to escape the fate he could just sense looming over the horizon.

"What you just saw, didn't happen, you got that? I was just startled by your stupidty at thinking a joke like that could truly affect me." So his damage control was lacking in actual control, but he didn't have much to work with here. He was doing the best he could damnit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:29 pm

Antonio blinked, when Lovino told him to shut up. It wasn't that he was offended, more like he found the Slytherin's efforts of covering up his brief moment of confusion to be incredibly amusing. Lovino's flushed face didn't help in his attempt at stifling his laughter, he reminded Antonio of a tomato!

Like the terrible actor that he was, Antonio tried to play off a bout of laughter with a cough. Of course, this did not work out well when he choked on his own spit. Thankfully though, the fit of coughing that followed was a mild one and passed over after a few seconds. He rubbed his watery eye and grinned brightly at Lovino, "Okay, okay. Whatever you say man." He chuckled and gave Lovino a few firm pats on his shoulder, "You're really funny!"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:35 am

Twitching and growling as Antonio failed at hiding his laughter, Lovino turned a brighter shade of red and tried to ignore him. He knew he had failed, he didn't need the seventh year laughing at him to cement that fact. It was with satisfaction that he listened to the other choke on his laughter, smirking slightly and calming down a tiny bit at Antonio's pain.

The smirk and the slight calm disappeared when Antonio decided to touch him. Not even paying attention to the older teen's words, he slapped the Spaniard's hand away and glared at him darkly. "Don't fucking touch me." He growled, clenching his fists.

He hated being touched, especially by men like Antonio. Idiots who didn't know what was going on around them and rarely paid attention to anyone but themselves, who cared nothing for else. He huffed at the very thought, his glare darkening even as his focus moved away from Antonio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]   Loving Those Greens! [Lovino] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loving Those Greens! [Lovino]
Page 1 of 1