Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Empty
PostSubject: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:08 am

When his father suggested he became a teacher, he didn't mention this. Not even during the application process or the staff meetings, no casual mention had been made, it hadn't been alluded to. He had been lied to. Nobody had ever told him that he would have to walk the halls all night, looking for children out of bed! It was torture; let the kids get in to whatever trouble they liked.

Well if there were students out past cerfew, they had better hoped that they wouldn't meet him; his leg hurt and he was tired, haviung been spoiled by months able to do nothing but stay in bed. If he met anyone they would pay dearly for the mistake, he had decided a new rule - what happens during night watch stays in night watch. He could do whatever he wanted, for once.

He took out his wand and muttered "Lumos,", continuing his stalk through the hallways with his little band of light to help him along. It would warn the students he was coming if they were stupid enough to get caught when he had a light on, marking where he was, then well, they deserved his punishment. Perhaps it would teach them to be more careful next time.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:13 am

Fuck fuck fuck. Lovino cursed as he heard towards Slytherin, glad for the muffling spell he had been taught back in Italy. He hadn't meant to be out past curfew - even though there were less people in the halls and if he wasn't scared of getting caught he would have enjoyed it more - but his grandfather had made him stay after in Ancient Runes and then having to go to the kitchens because he missed dinner... All of that lateness just resulted in him having stayed out past curfew.

He paused and pressed into a corner made by a suit of armor and the wall, looking around the actual corner to see one of the teachers walking down the hall, though in the direction away from him. Unfortunately, he was also walking in the direction of Slytherin and thus walking in the direction of where Lovino needed to go. He scowled and pressed further against the wall, trying to think of a way to get past him without getting in trouble.

He pressed his lips together and transfigured a random piece of clothe into a prefect's badge and made sure it was exactly like the regular prefect badge. Lovino pinned it to his robes and took a deep breath, hoping this would work. If it didn't... he was screwed. Pulling up any scrap of courage he had, he started walking down the hallway towards Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

Location : Our choicest plans / Have fallen though / Our airiest castles / Tumbled over / Because of lines / We neatly drew / And later neatly / Stumbled over

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:01 am

Aldrich could hear somebody in the corridor and he turned towards the sound, excited for a moment of interest in this dull night, even though he knew it was probably just a mouse or another teacher. He walked towards the source of the noise and - look at his luck! - it actually way a student this time.

"What are you doing out so late?" He asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. He hadn't seen this student in his classes so he was probably a sixth or seventh year, and he knew from experience that they loved bending the rules, believing that they were old enough to do as they pleased, paticularily if they were of age. The student looked somewhat familiar however; dark brown hair and hazel eyes, and the shape of his jawline. Perhaps he did had seen him around the school, it was possible. Then it hit him; this was one of Romulus's grandsons; Romulus had mentioned that they went to the school. Did he mention their names? Aldrich was sure he had... L... or... S...? Something. It didn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Lovino had hoped that maybe this teacher was blind and deaf. The odds of one, a teacher like that being accepted to teach here at Hogwarts and two, being allowed to patrol the hallways was low, but he had hoped anyway. And his hope had failed him. He tensed as the teacher walked towards him and tensed more when he was touched. Why did people feel the need to do that?

"I'm heading back to my dorm." He said, practically twitching with the effort it took to be nice at this moment in time, when all he really wanted to do was run as fast as he possibly could back to Slytherin.

He looked up at the professor and nearly sneered as he noticed the glaringly obvious similarities between this person and Beilschmidt number two. Actually, he also looked like Beilschmidts numbers one and three, but definitely much more like Ludwig. And he was touching Lovino. Why was he subjected to things like this? He sent a brief look towards the heavens, silently asking for patience, before looking back the professor.

Lovino really had no idea who he was, so it had to be one of the teachers in a class he didn't take. But there weren't a lot of classes he didn't take, so it was going to take some thinking to figure out who this guy was.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

Aldrich let go of the boy's shoulder after a moment, now he had his attention. After all, he didn't really like touching anyone too long and he could probably get in trouble for manhandling a child, not that the teen was really a child, he must be about 17; when wizards come of age. "I should hope so." He said sharply. "What's your name?" He asked, curious more than anything, but also needing to make a note of it.

He had a feeling that he wouldn't be able to actually punish the boy - his grandfather was a teacher after all, and it wasn't really that far past curfew. It was a shame, he wanted to punish someone, so they had to suffer as much as he had to suffer, being out here all night.

He couldn't torture the kid but he wasn't going to make it easy for him, "And where are you coming from?"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Lovino relaxed as the teacher removed his hand, rolling his shoulders slightly as a substitute for brushing his shoulder off. The teacher didn't have germs and probably wouldn't appreciate it if Lovino brushed his shoulder off. Lightly rolling his eyes, the Italian leaned away from him. "Lovino Vargas."

He really did hope that he wouldn't actually be getting punished; it wasn't technically his fault he was out after curfew and it wasn't that long after curfew had past. Though he knew if he were in this teacher's place he would definitely be getting punished.

Lovino tilted his head slightly. He was actually coming from the kitchens, but he was out after curfew because of his grandfather so... "Professor Vargas' office." He wasn't really lying, no. And Romulus would agree with him if this guy goes to ask him about it.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:24 am

He nodded when the boy said his name; Lovino, that was it. He was the older one, if he remembered rightly, "So you are Romulus's grandson." He said, looking him over. They did look very similar; the picture of each other, albeit it, Lovino's surly face would not belong on Romulus's, they must be very different in personality. By the way he was leaning away, he probably had the same aversion to touch that Aldrich has, and he wondered if they both squirmed in the same way when Romulus tried to hug them. But he was digressing; Lovino's relationship with his granfather was no bussiness or care of his own.

"Oh really?" He asked, raising an eyebrow, "Why were you in his office, particularily this late?" He asked, "Did he give you a note?" He added, "Or didn't Romu think of that?" He was probably being a little harsh, but he didn't care. He didn't even care that he had called Romulus, 'Romu' which was the sort of affectionate name that he only really used when there weren't many, if any other, people around. For some reason, Romulus liked being in his company a lot.

"Come, I'll walk you to the common room." He said, "Don't want you sneaking away again," He said dryly.

Last edited by Aldrich Beilschmidt on Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:30 am

"... Yes, I am." Lovino braced himself for the comment that were sure to follow, knowing that it was highly likely that this professor would start comparing him to his grandfather. Every other teacher had done that; even the professor old enough to have been here while his grandfather was a student had commented on how much they looked alike.

Which was why it surprised him that the teacher hadn't said a single word about their likeness, simply moving on with the business they needed to take care of. This served to make him actually approve of this teacher.

He rolled his eyes. "Nonno likes to have 'family bonding time' and he uses his 'teacher powers' to make me actually cooperate with his plans. And no, he didn't give me a note." Romulus was just that intelligent. Of course, he was also old, so that excused some of his forgetfulness. Lovino frowned slightly at the nickname this guy gave his grandfather, wondering if the old man was finally getting a friend.

The Italian gained an insulted look as the teacher outright stated that he would sneak off. Again? Why was he adding again to the end of that statement? He had never snuck off in the first place; he had been very out and open about the fact that he had been out after curfew. He scowled, his approval for this teacher slowly dripping away.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Ah yes, that did very much sound like Romulus. He shook his head, "I'll talk to him," He said, "At the very least, I can ask him to give you a note at the end of it." He added, "I don't think I could convince him to stop abusing his powers as a teacher though, if it annoys you. He's a bit to stubborn to stop seeing his grandson." He shook his head slightly affectionately; Romulus was a strange, silly man.

Aldrich wasn't sure why he sometimes said what he said, but certainly, he often regretted it. When he was nervous - in an attempt to sound more strict and authoritative – he often said the first thing that came to mind, a frustratingly Gryffindor trait that he certainly didn’t envy, though he did realise he should be over this childish house rivalry and type casting. However, it seemed that he wasn't as grown-up as he had hoped, even now he was 29. Awkwardly, in an attempt to make up for his blunder and hopefully keep some respect in the boy's eyes, if he even had any, he said, "It's part of my duty after all." He started to walk towards the dungeons, "Besides, I'm curious, I haven't been to the Slytherin common room yet and I want to see if it's changed at all." He doubted it; Hogwarts was trapped in time.

"Oh, and Mr Vargas, I know you were with a teacher, but I have to give you a detention, since you don't have a note. I don't want to," He said regretfully, "But I can't show special treatment, paticularily since you're the grandson of a teacher." He was paticularily hard on his nephews, well, he was hard on Gilbert - Ludwig was never in trouble, as far as he knew.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:02 am

He paused, narrowing his eyes and staring at the teacher. Ah, there it was, the confirmation that no one had the ability to control Romulus. "Well, thank you for attempting to correct at least one thing about him." Lovino did not believe that anyone could actually get Romulus to do his job correctly, let alone this person.

He shook his head and followed after the teacher as he started walking towards the dungeons, amazed at how weak his backtracking abilities were. This guy used to be in Slytherin, one would think he would keep a hold of that ability. "I'm going to assume it hasn't. Hogwarts doesn't seem like it really accepts change."

Sighing, he nodded. "Yeah, I figured. I take it the detention will be with you?" He knew better than to expect fair treatment from the rest of the teachers. They assumed that his grandfather was going to let his actions slid past without a single mention, so they cracked down harder on everything he did. Not that they were far off base, but Romulus did talk to him about things that went too far over the line.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:13 am

He shook his head; Romulus was a strange and occasionally, rather annoying, man. Aldrich wan't sure how he coiuld be a good teacher but surely he must; he hadn't been fired yet, despite how unprofessional he was around the other teachers and, it seemed (fairly enough), his family. He looked at Lovino and how old he was; it was utterly mad that he would have a grandson who was as old as Lovino, and still be as young as he was. He shook off the thought before he got too distracted.

He listened to their footsteps echoing on the ground, still keeping an ear out for any other students who might be awake and out of bed. He snorted, "I think the last change that Hogwarts put in was showers, or perhaps flushing toilets." He said, "It is frustrating." He pursed his lips in thought, "My room is positively ancient; even more than the dorm rooms I think. I feel like I'm sleeping in a museum piece." He had always been slightly confused by the way the wizarding world refused change in a feircely luddite fashion. When he had been a child yes, he had thought it normal, paticularily amongst the elves, who didn't associate themselves with humans at all. But after he moved out he lived more amongst muggles and began to admire their technology - some of it was very useful, even things as simple as pens! Why didn't they have pens? He let out a little annoyed noise by accident.

"Yes, it will be with me." He said, "Eight o clock tommorow, come to my office." He wasn't sure what he would make him do but he would would think of something, probably cleaning desks.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:11 pm

"Well, magic seems to make people go a bit insane. Perhaps insanity makes them want to keep the familiar around them." Lovino himself had been raised as a muggle, so he felt that he could get away with that statement. Though really, it was a weak excuse if it was true. There was certainly nothing wrong with a few changes here and there; the changes would probably be good for the school.

Nodding, he looked up at the Professor. "And where is your office professor?" He adjusted his bag as he waited for an answer, watching the walls as they went from one of the normal hallways to the dungeons. It was strange, knowing that he had to sleep where one would normally keep prisoners as they were tortured to death, but Hogwarts was the master of all things strange so he didn't bother worrying about it.

Lovino paused outside of the Slytherin dorms and gave the password. Glancing up at the teacher, he tipped his head slightly. "And what will you be having me do during this detention?" He didn't even bother addressing the issue of him being related to a teacher, it wasn't worth dragging out any longer.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:01 am

"I don't think I disagree." He said, "Wizards, it seems, are mad, as a people. It is strange, seeing them live among muggles and refuse to intergrate past clocks and flushing toilets." He shook his head. "All of them muggle inventions, yet there are some wizards who believe we are above muggles." He wrinkled his nose. "My people stay away from all other groups, they evolve differently, unlike wizards, who believe that they are above the stupid muggles and hide." He paused, realising he had said a bit too much, but knowing that speaking more to refute it would simply bring it up.

He trailed his hand lazily across the wall, "My office is on the fifth floor, next to the painting of the castle. The one where the canon goes off every hour on the hour." He shuddered and his lip curled, "I hate that canon. Though I always know the time."

He frowned thoughtfully, trying to think of a good punishment. What had he done when he had been in trouble at school? "I need some worksheets for my third year lesson, I'll probably get you to do that, but I'm not certian yet." he nodded. That seemed like a good enough idea.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:18 am

Lovino gave him a weird look at the mention of 'his people', wondering what he meant by that. German wizards couldn't be that much different from English ones, so he was greatly confused by what the professor meant. But, given the way he didn't return to the topic to clarify it, he either didn't notice or didn't think it was weird.

Nodding, Lovino smirked. "It must be terrible having an accurate clock." Not that the Italian could fault him for hating a loud ass portrait. Lovino himself still hated the fact that they could move at all. Portraits were paint on canvas; they shouldn't be able to move and it freaked him out a little bit that they did.

He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head. "You want me to work on worksheets for a class I don't take?" He wondered, a bit confused. He would do it, no worries about that, but he didn't quite understand why he would be put in charge of something he didn't understand. Then again, this was a teacher and they were supposed to know best, even if this guy had started school about the same time Lovino was born.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:47 am

Aldrich wrinkled his nose. "I could always have him relocated to your house. See if you enjoy having an accurate clock when it's accurate at three in the morning," He said offhandedly, as if it he wasn't insulting him. Perhaps he was being a little passive agressive, but it didn't really worry him. He didn't like the moving portraits particularily. The walls really did have ears when they were around and it unnerved him a bit. He believed he hadn't liked them ever since he came to school here and a portrait caught him kissing his boyfriend at the time. The leer on her face had been horrific. He shuddered at the memory.

"They're third year worksheets, it's not terribly difficult. You must have taken it when you were in third year." He explained, "Besides, you won't be making the worksheet, just making copies and sorting them. That sort of thing." A worksheet made by someone who didn't understand the work would probably be terrible. "But only maybe... I'll give you your task on the day. It won't be anything particularily taxing. You won't be cleaning out cauldrons or anything like that." He had hated that punishment as a youth.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Rolling his eyes, Lovino frowned at the teacher. "You could do that, but I'm sure the rest of the house - including your nephew - would have something to say about that." Making Gilbert go through that would almost be worth the restless nights of having the stupid portrait, if Beilschmidt the elder actually did that. He tilted his head when the professor shuddered but didn't ask after the reason, figuring if the teacher wanted him to know he would just tell him. Not that Lovino wanted to know! Just... bah.

He nodded slowly as he started to understand what the professor was telling him. It definitely made more sense than what he had previously thought. "Alright then, I can do that." It wouldn't be that hard. And of course, after he said that the teacher added a maybe on to his statement. Wasn't that just great. He stifled a sigh and frowned lightly. Call him crazy, but Lovino actually liked cleaning cauldrons - it was the only really physical thing that he was good at.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:37 am

"Which nephew?" He asked, somewhat jokingly,"I have two," he supposed that Lovino meant Gilbert, who was in Lovino's dormitory, but he was curious to know if Lovino knew his other nephew as well, who was also in Slytherin. "I'm sure they wouldn't like it, no."To be honest, if he could get it off the wall, he wouldn't move it, he would just burn it in cold blood. "If Gilbert is awake, nobody will get any sleep. So I wouldn't perhaps be so cruel."

Finally, Lovino appeared to understand what he was getting at. Although... his expression was oddly stiff when he mentioned cleaning cauldrons. It was odd, perhaps he really hated cleaning cauldrons or perhaps he enjoyed it. But... no way, surely nobody enjoyed that. "Good."He nodded.

Finally, they reached the dungeons, which seemed to have taken an age,
"Alright then... I'll see you tommorow for your detention then."He said the password, "Next time, get Romu to write you a note." He gave a tiny smile.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Lovino growled faintly and frowned. "The oldest one." Snickering at the image of the rest of his house complaining, he almost didn't comment on Professor Beilschmidt's remark about Gilbert. Almost. "No one gets any sleep when Gilbert's unconscious either. He's very special that way, and certainly not special in a good way. But thanks for trying, I guess."

Shrugging slightly at Professor Beilschmidt's acknowledgment, Lovino buried his hands in his pockets and looked down at the ground as they walked. He really didn't want to give his trust to Professor Beilschmidt, but he figured the teacher would stop him from walking into a wall. Though there had been times when a teacher had let him do just that to teach him a lesson. He hoped Professor Beilschmidt was different than those who had done that.

"Mm, yeah. See you then." Lovino nodded and stepped into the common room when the entrance opened up. He snorted and gained an amused look, rolling his eyes at the thought of Romulus doing something teacherly. "I'll try." He waved faintly and walked away, going towards the boys' dormitories.
Back to top Go down
Former Germania
Admin
Former Germania

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 am

He snorted, "Does he still talk in his sleep or is it the snoring?" He asked, a small smirk on hsi face. He loved Gilbert but he did enjoy teasing his nephew and he knew he was a schadenfroh. Besides, it wouldn't hurt the self proclaimed Prussian if he was knocked down a peg or two. "He used to sleep walk as a kid, sometimes, I heard. He's stopped though, it seems, but he snores very loudly and swears in his sleep." He remembered that from his time visiting him; being a light sleeper it had been very hard for him to get to sleep first.

"20h sharp, please," he said, automatically in the European 24 hour setup. "See you then."

(( Timeskip maybe? Should we start it as a new thread or just continue here? ))
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Lovino rolled his eyes, enjoying this new information he was getting about this man's nephew. It was always nice to have blackmail on other people, especially in this house. "Snoring and sleep mumbling. We haven't heard any coherent words as of yet." Shrugging, he stored away the fact about his roommate sleep walking. It would probably be useful at some point in the future.

He nodded firmly. "Yes sir. I will see you then." He had that awkward moment when you end a conversation on a strange note before simply nodding at him and going into the common room, shutting the entrance door behind him quietly.

(( Ald. When we switch locations, it is always a new thread. Which you will be starting. ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]   First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Night Watch of the Year (Open) [Done]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wiztalia :: Archives :: Dropped Threads-
Jump to: