Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited- Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited-   Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited- Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Character's name: Daniel Héderváry

Country of origin: Hungary

Year: Fifth

House: Gryffindor

Personality:

Daniel is an outgoing, friendly and funny guy, although once in a while he needs some time alone, away from everyone else. He loves teasing people who are close to him and he is prone to taking it over the top, therefore people tend to misunderstand and, after some time, avoid him. He prefers to hide his true emotions from the world, showing a mask of confidence and carelessness.

He can be perceptive but when it comes to people's emotions (especially concerning him) he can be pretty oblivious. Daniel hates hurting or betraying others but has no qualms against some good-natured pranks. He is quite smart and he knows it. His mental capacity is large and he thinks of it as his best trait. Daniel is in no way vain but he doesn't care much about his appearance.

He doesn't hold grudges as it takes a lot to make him hate someone--which has only happened twice in his life. He is extremely competitive and hates losing.

Appearance:

Daniel is quite tall for his age. He is not overly muscular, but not thin either. He is somewhat wiry. He has light-brown, shoulder-length hair, which he usually keeps tied in a ponytail at his nape, green eyes and mildly tan skin.
He is usually wearing comfortable clothes, jeans, T-shirts, sneakers, etc. He hates wearing ties and can't tie them for his life.

Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited- NyotaliaHungary4

Muggle-born, Half-blood, or Pureblood? Unknown.

Strengths:
- Does extremely well in most major classes (Charms, Transfiguration, etc.)
- Likes doing sports, muggle and wizarding ones alike
- Loves reading
- Is very clever
- Despite sometimes talking a lot, he is a very good listener
- Is hard to really rile up
- Extremely loyal to his friends

Weaknesses:
- Hates studying, he'd much rather get by with what he learns during the lessons
- Doesn't like Potions
- Thinks Divination is a load of ....
- Tends to over think things
- Is extremely curious
- Is sometimes misunderstood as someone insensible and mean
phobias:
- Heights ( except during Quidditch)
- Losing someone close to him
quirks, etc.:
- Daydreams a lot
- Plays with his hair

- Basketball, Swimming, Football, and Quidditch
- Reading
- Conversing with people
- Animals
- Sweets
- People with good sense of humor
- Charms and Ancient Runes
- Pranks

Dislikes:
- Potions and Divination
- Stuck-up people
- Boring lectures
- Homework
- Bullies
- Whining
- People who think themselves smarter than him

Your Character's backstory:

Ilona and Ferenc Tóthvárady were a part of the small community of Hungarian witches and wizards. Both were teachers in the only Wizarding School of Hungary, a small institute located in the Northern part of the country. Their marriage was a happy and peaceful one, with only one thing missing: a child. Try as they might, Ilona could never get pregnant. They tried everything, even using the concoctions of the famous Hungarian Healer Semmelweis, but nothing seemed to work.

One day, as they were strolling through the woods surrounding the School, they heard a cry coming from just outside the barrier surrounding the school. As Ilona was a compassionate woman, she couldn't help but check the source of the noise, her husband faithfully following.

Neither expected what they found. In a small, woven basket they found a little baby, crying. Covering the baby's legs was a small cloth with a name embroidered in it with blue thread. Ilona hushed the baby and picked it up before heading back to the school with her husband and their little find.

They have tried for months to find the baby's parents, but with no success. And instead of sending the little thing into an orphanage, the two decided to raise it as if it were their own.

Their mysterious child, their son: Daniel Héderváry.

Because they did not know whether or not Daniel was a wizard, they sent him to a muggle elementary school nearby; and his performance there couldn't have made them any prouder.

But they were still hoping, hoping for Daniel to be a true part of their world.

On his tenth birthday their dreams came true. Daniel was sent home from school for painting all the rubbish bins in the classrooms green--and while Daniel pleaded innocent and told them he hadn't done anything, they knew what it truly was.

Quite impressive accidental magic.

And thus came the time for some long-overdue explanations.

That day Daniel was told all about the wizarding world he was now part of. He was also told of his past, and he took it all extremely well. He was much more interested in the wizarding world than his past, surprising his parents. When they asked if he was angry with them for keeping it a secret, he just shrugged and said: 'Even if you aren't my blood parents, for me you are my real parents' and proceeded to ask more about wizards, witches and magic. Although he meant every word of what he said, from that day on Daniel found himself wondering once in a while about his real parents and their reason for abandoning him.

When he was eleven he got his letter to the school.

During his four years spent in the school he was always number one in his grade, excelling in all his classes, although nothing seemed to be able to cure his irrational hatred of Potions.

We Just Got A Letter:

It didn't take anyone by surprise when Daniel got his letter, but they were all ecstatic nonetheless. Daniel couldn't stop staring at the precious piece of parchment, the evidence of his magical blood, for a good 40 minutes. After he had stopped staring, he immediately dragged his parents to the capital, wanting to buy all his necessities as soon as possible.

The shopping district for wizards in Hungary was located in the heart of the János Hill in Budapest. One had to go all the way to the hill's top and touch the Liberty Statue with their wand, and the passage to the district was revealed. When he entered the district for the first time, Daniel wished he had a few additional pairs of eyes. Various shops, ranging from tailors, pharmacies, broom shops, and others, selling everything and anything a wizard could need.

By the end of the day Daniel and his parents were loaded with shopping bags. He had his brand new robes, cauldron, scale, wand (rosewood, 13¾ inches, Thestral tail hair), and his new pet (a Turkish Van, since his mother was allergic to dogs) on his shoulder. With all these necessities bought, Daniel felt ready to start his career as a student in a school of magic.

It was on a rainy Wednesday morning not so long ago that a small freshman interrupted his last Potions class and told the teacher the Headmaster wanted to talk to Daniel Héderváry. Eager to escape his most hated class, Daniel waited for the teacher's approval before quickly packing his bag and exiting the classroom.

When he stepped out of the Headmaster's office half an hour later, Daniel couldn't help but let out a loud whoop of joy. He couldn't believe it! He was chosen to go to Hogwarts! To HOGWARTS! One of the best wizarding schools of the world! Without thinking much of the consequences, he ran straight into his mother's classroom and threw himself at her, all the while chanting 'I'm going to Hogwarts, I'm going to Hogwarts!'; much to the other students' amusement and envy.

That evening the three of them had a feast. Both of his parents were extremely proud of him, and while they were going to miss him, they knew they couldn't let him pass up such a great opportunity.

The letter he got from Hogwarts was framed and is still hanging in his room, right above his bed.

The Sorting:

Daniel couldn't help but feel queasy. While the train ride was interesting and he had made some new friends (or at least acquaintances) and the castle was magnificent and there were so many ghosts, much more than at home, he couldn't concentrate on any of these.

He had no stage-fright, but standing in front of the entire student body, in the midst of a bunch of first years and some older exchange students like himself, Daniel felt nervous and a bit sick to the stomach. He understood all these older, foreign exchange students must have been pretty interesting but did they have to stare like that?!

He took a quick breath to calm himself. There was no reason to be nervous, right?

"Héderváry, Daniel!"

Oh God, it was already his turn?

He made his way slowly towards the chair and the withered hat sitting on top of it. So this was the famous Sorting Hat he had read about.

Daniel gulped. In Hungary they had no Houses and no sorting; they were merely randomly put in classes. He had read about this ceremony, of course. He was merely supposed to put the Hat on and it will tell him his House, right?

Right.

He sat on the chair and slowly put the Hat on his head.

'Well, well, what have we here?'

Daniel shuddered at the unexpected voice.

'A great deal of brains and a healthy amount of thirst of knowledge. Great material for Ravenclaw. But wait. Is it? Oh, yes, loyalty, bravery! Stubborn, competitive. And also a great want of proving yourself. Wherever should I put you? I believe the best would be...'

"GRYFFINDOR!"

Daniel grinned at the cheering table of his housemates. He placed the Hat back on the chair and made his way towards the Gryffindor table, finding himself already liking the Hat's choice.

ABOUT ME:
Name: I'm Vicky, pleased to meet you^^
Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm 17 and I live in Hungary. English is only my second language, but I have been learning it since elementary and I hope my skills are enough for this RP. Currently I am a student in high school. I study Biology and Chemistry on an advanced level and I hope to become a doctor one day:)
I love History, and that's probably why I love Hetalia so much. I am a bookworm, and Harry Potter is one of my favorites:)
Anything else?
My favorite color is green.

Last edited by Daniel Héderváry on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited-   Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited- Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 pm

You don't know how long I've longed for a Mangary.

Alright, onto business. First, you can definitely expand on the appearance section. Also, if you'd like, you can add a picture also~! If you do not know how, I can help out. Second, you need to read the rules. I cannot accept this application until you do.

Your English is amazing for a foreigner (compared to some of the others we've had); however, you can definitely combine some of your sentences into a paragraph. For example, your personality section sounds like you are only listing things. We want two full paragraphs at least. You can add more if you want. Your first paragraph is fine, but combine your scattered sentences and you can get another paragraph. The same goes for your appearance section.

I'll give an example.

He doesn't hold grudges. It takes a lot to make him hate someone and it has only happened twice in his life.
He doesn't hold grudges as it takes a lot to make him hate someone--which has only happened twice in his life.

I do have some slight problems that I hope to fix:

Ilona and Ferenc Tóthvárady were parts of the small community of hungarian Witches and Wizards.
Ilona and Ferenc Tóthvárady were a part of the small community of Hungarian witches and wizards.
Witches and wizards do not need to be capitalized as they are not the beginning of a sentence, a name, part of a title, or a pronoun. Hungarian, however, does need to be capitalized since it is a pronoun.

Covering the babies legs was a small cloth, a name embroidered in it with blue thread.
Ilona hushed the baby, while her and her husband made their way back to the school.

Covering the baby's legs was a small cloth with a name embroidered in it with blue thread. Ilona hushed the baby and picked it up before heading back to the school with her husband.
'Babies' is plural, meaning more than one. Surely there is only one Daniel? Also, you only mentioned that Ilona hushed the baby and then her husband and her headed back to school without the baby. Please watch what you type next time.

As they did not know whether Daniel was a wizard or not, they sent him to a muggle Elementary School nearby. And his performance in school couldn't have made them prouder.
Because they did not know whether or not Daniel was a wizard, they sent him to a muggle elementary school nearby; and his performance in school couldn't have made them prouder.
'As' does not sound right and 'because' makes more sense. The same goes for 'or not', it can be placed anywhere but 'whether or not' sounds much better than 'wizard or not'. Also, same with the capitalization issue on 'elementary school'.

I'm sure there are multiple other mistakes that I was too lazy to list that one of the other admins will hound me for.

If you need any help with the coding (bolding, italics, pictures, underline, etc) you can come to me and I'll help you out. English isn't my first language either but I've been speaking it for the past few years.

Until then, I can't wait to accept this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited-   Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited- Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Hey hey! This is same person as Maria Beilschmidt~

Alright, you improved greatly. You know what that means?

Daniel Héderváry, you are
ACCEPTED! Come join us in the chatbox or start a roleplay anytime~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited-   Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daniel Héderváry (Male!Hungary) -Edited-
Page 1 of 1