Wiztalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are now open for business!
Hufflepuff: 0 Gryffindor: 0 Ravenclaw: 0 Slytherin: 0

Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Former South Italy
Admin

Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:25 pm

He shrugged, walking towards the kitchens and stretching slightly. "Students are allowed in so long as they don't abuse the house elves." He explained, looking over at Daniel. "Which I'm sure you won't." He was a Gryffindor after all. Besides, insinuating someone would possibly do something bad kept them from doing said bad thing in the first place. It was a tactic that Lovino liked using, since it worked ever so well.

As he walked, he started remembering where he knew Daniel from and each step made him feel like an idiot. He should remember that time he nearly got detention, and especially the fact that this guy had run into the room and stopped him from flirting with the pretty albino girl. Not that it really mattered, but it was still something that he should have remembered.

"What's your favorite thing to eat?" And why were random questions popping out of his mouth? It was actually somewhat unsettling, knowing that he could sometimes saying things without actually taking the time to think it over. He knew that there were people who did that for all of their lives, but normally Lovino wasn't one of them.

Last edited by Lovino Vargas on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:23 am

He looked back at Lovino, a smile appearing on his lips. "I see. And of course I won't abuse them! They are working hard to make us food and clean up after us! I'm grateful for that, I wouldn't even think of hurting them!" he said and paused for a moment "Don't misunderstand, I wouldn't hurt them even if they didn't do anything for us." he continued with a firm nod. He was not the type to hurt anyone, be it wizard, muggle, house elf, or some animal. He hated seeing others hurt and he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he was the cause of the one causing it.

He didn't even realize he was staring at the other, lost in thought, until Lovino asked him a question. Daniel blinked at him, somewhat taken aback. It almost seemed like Lovino wanted to get to know him better, maybe even become friends. Not that he minded of course, on the contrary, he would be happy to befriend him. He loved making friends.

"Favorite thing to eat? Well, I love Hungarian cuisine, but I have a special soft spot for sweets. Especially ice cream!" he said, grinning at the other. "What's yours?" he asked curiously. Food was always a nice thing to start conversations with and he couldn't really use his other fail-safe topic right now. After playing Quidditch with him for an hour, he couldn't ask him much about it. Maybe he would ask what his favorite team was if they ran out of topics.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Nodding slowly, Lovino started walking towards the kitchens. "Good. Because if I wasn't allowed back into the kitchens because of you, I would not be pleased." He paused and looked back when he noticed that Daniel wasn't moving, tilting his head. The Italian frowned when he noticed that the Hungarian was staring at him, leaning back slightly.

Being stared at was not a pleasant thing, especially when he couldn't figure out why. He was about to ask why when he saw Daniel come back to attention and answer his question. "Ah, ice cream is nice. I've never had any Hungarian cuisine." He would have to try it, to see what it was like. It wouldn't be as good as Italian food, but then nothing ever was. Shrugging, he started walking again. "Pizza is one of my favorites. Though I like plain tomatoes a bit more than any cooked foods."

"This might be a rather bland topic, but what's your favorite topic to study?" Because Lovino was bad at thinking of things to talk about. It made things a bit difficult, but he was sure Daniel would have something to contribute.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:14 am

He didn't even realize he had stopped walking. How embarrassing. He followed Lovino when he started walking again, stubbornly pushing down the blush trying to crawl on his face. Thankfully, the other either didn't notice his staring or he simply decided to ignore it; whichever was fine with Daniel.

"I can cook for you sometime if you want." he offered. He didn't really like cooking, but introducing another student to Hungarian cuisine would be nice. He made a quick mental list of the things he would cook for them, wondering if Hogwarts had the ingredients he would need.

"I like Pizza too. Rather, I like anything Italian. Tomatoes are nice too I guess." He could feel and hear his stomach growl in response to their topic. Now he was hungry. He was thankful when Lovino changed the subject; he didn't want to think about food any longer and get even hungrier. "I like studying anything concerning spells, so I like Charms, Transfiguration, and DADA, although DADA is my best and favorite subject. I like animals too, so Care of Magical Creatures is another class I like. What about you?" He didn't think the topic was bland. One had to start with topics like favorite food, classes, etc. when trying to get to know someone. Other, more interesting topics could come later.

Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Running his fingers over the wall as they walked, Lovino let out a small hum. It was a nice offer - a very nice one actually - but he didn't know why Daniel was making it. Sure, it would be nice to try Hungarian food, but the taller teen had made a face after the offer so he got the feeling that Daniel didn't really like cooking. Of course, some people were just nice, especially Gryffindors, but why offer to do something he didn't like doing?

Accepting the offer would mean having to hang out with him more often, while denying it would be rude and leave him with one less acquaintance and one more enemy. He really couldn't afford to piss any one off, as he kept reminding himself over and over again. "Thanks, that would be nice." He nodded, looking up at Daniel with something that could technically be called a smile, even if it was very very small.

"Italian food is the best. And tomatoes are a large part of it." At least, in the south they were. Lovino didn't know how things worked in the northern half of Italy, leaving that for his brother, but still. "I suppose the kind thing to do would be to cook for you some time." Not that it would be that big of a hindrance. Lovino loved cooking, especially for other people. He just wouldn't let Daniel know that, by accepting, he would be making the Italian very happy.

Nodding, he stopped in front of the portrait and tickled the pear, creating the handle. "I enjoy more hands on things, like Potions and Herbology. Though Transfiguration is nice. Potions is my favorite though." He could go on and on about Potions all day if Daniel wanted him to. It was the one subject where he knew what he was doing and wasn't afraid to make a fool of himself. He pulled the portrait open and directed Daniel inside.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:58 am

Daniel couldn't help but grin widely at the other. "You're welcome! I'm not the best of cooks around, but I can cook my country's cuisine well enough!" Why was he so happy that Lovino had accepted his offer? He had no idea. Did he care? No. And he was even smiling! Sure, it was a small one, but it was there. He had the feeling that Lovino didn't smile all that often so he considered it as a small victory. It was not everyday that you saw a Slytherin smile at a Gryffindor, now was it? Well, a real smile, not a condescending or mocking one.

"Really? You would do that?" He didn't offer to cook for him so Lovino would return the favor, but it was a nice plus. "Thanks! You don't have to if you don't want to though." He didn't want to be a burden after all.

He watched the Slytherin tickle the pear with growing confusion. What was he...? Oh, never mind. So you had to tickle the pear to make the handle appear. Daniel made sure to remember that. He followed the other inside, glad that he couldn't see the face he made. Herbology was nice enough, but Potions? Why would he like Potions of all things? Even having Divination as his favorite subject would have been better, Daniel could at least pretend to like that! Why, why Potions? He wasn't sure if he could name anything he hated more than Potions. Probably not. And he never kept his hatred of Potions a secret. Still, dissing Lovino's favorite subject in front of him would be rude and make him dislike Daniel. "Ah, I see. Herbology is not that bad." So he decided not to talk about Potions at all.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:21 pm

"Yes, I know I don't need to cook for you. If it was a trouble I wouldn't have offered to in the first place." Which should have been obvious to the other teenager, so it made no sense for Daniel to try and make him take back the offer.

He told the house elves what to get them, figuring that if the Gryffindor wanted something else he would have to ask for it himself. He then walked over to the guest table the house elves had set up in the kitchens when it became readily apparent that teachers and students alike enjoyed being able to eat in the kitchens without anyone interrupting them.

Lovino had noticed the way that Daniel had avoided mentioning the potions part of what he said, which was a bit odd. But then, some people hated potions and hated working with them; while he didn't really understand, he figured that Daniel was trying not to offend him. Which was actually pretty decent. Other students often just went straight into the rant about why potions sucked. "I like plants in general, and planting is a nice calming hobby to have." He would respect Daniel's avoidance, mostly because he had no reason not to.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:53 am

Daniel raised an eyebrow as Lovino told the house elves what to get for him. He was perfectly capable of choosing what he wanted to eat, thankyouverymuch. Although he would probably feel guilty for ordering the house elves around. It was bad enough already that he was giving them more work.

"Planting is a bit...dull for me. I enjoy things involving more, um, movement. Like sports. Do you like sports? Other than Quidditch, I mean." He had heard that almost 99%, if not 100%, of Slytherin was pureblood, so they probably weren't very familiar with the muggle sports Daniel was so fond of. He had no idea if there were any other wizarding sports though. He half hoped there were, just so they would have something to talk about. Sports were always a nice topic.

He blinked as a bowl of soup was suddenly put down in front of him. What the...? Then he noticed the house elf, the tip of its pointy ears barely reaching the top of the table. Daniel smiled at the little creature warmly and thanked it. He didn't understand why people always said house elves were ugly. Sure, they looked a bit...strange but he always found them cute. He asked for the house elf's name and chuckled silently when it squeaked in surprise. Really, they were just too adorable.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:51 pm

He noticed Daniel's look and shrugged, sitting down. "If you're not happy with what I picked, order your own food." He nodded as if that was the obvious solution and waited patiently for the house elves to bring their food. Looking over at the Gryffindor as he started talking, Lovino tilted his head slightly. "Football. And planting isn't boring it's relaxing." At least, to any one who knew how to relax in a calm manner it was.

Watching the way Daniel interacted with the house elf almost made Lovino smile; almost. It was quite cute, and it was always interesting to see how house elves reacted to kindness. The Hogwarts elves were better about accepting 'thank yous' and 'pleases' than most other privately owned house elves, but they still squeaked and got all teary eyed. They just didn't follow through with the tears.

Lovino waited a moment to make sure he could actually eat the soup with out burning his mouth, trying to think of more things to talk about with Daniel. But he really was coming up blank and that made it just a little bit difficult. And it also lead to the conversation becoming awkward and stagnant. Yay.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:55 am

He waved at the house elf as it walked away, squeaking that it needed to get back to work. He took a spoonful of his soup, sensing, but not exactly comprehending their conversation becoming awkward. He smiled at the other widely, his expression excited. "Really? You like football? That's great! I love football too! Playing, watching, everything, although some of my friends think I'm mental for liking a sport with no flying and only one ball! We should play sometime!" If he could defeat Lovino in football, not only would his pride start healing, but he could also prove that Hungarians didn't suck as much at football as their so called 'professional' teams made it seem.

He shrugged. "I guess it can be relaxing. I wouldn't know, I never had the patience for it. If I have to do something outside, excluding sports, I would rather find an animal and play with it." There, he had found a new topic! "Do you have a pet?"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Watching the house elf walk away, Lovino looked back at Daniel when he started talking and shrugged. "Yes, I like football. I grew up with it, so it's more natural to me than Quidditch and flying and all of that. I suppose we could play at some point, if you get a ball for it." He nodded, knowing that Daniel might just be the better one at this. While Lovino certainly had above average skills with football, they weren't so above average that he could go with out practice for a while and keep them at their placing.

He went back to his soup and hummed, tapping his fingers against the table. "Are you religious?" Lovino didn't care if he wasn't, but it was interesting to see how people who grew up in the magical world reacted to religion. While the magical world of Italy was generally religious - not as religious as the muggles of course - Lovino hadn't run into any one here who actually knew what religions were.

His spoon scraped against the bottom of the bowl and he blinked, looking down at his now empty bowl. Before he even had a chance to process the fact that he no longer had any food, the house elves had already replaced his soup with a bowl of pasta and a basket of bread. He gave them a kind look, his version of a thank you when in the company of other people.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:49 pm

"Sure, no prob." He grinned. Finding a ball would be a piece of cake. He couldn't believe his luck! He missed playing football and here was a guy who grew up with football, so he probably wasn't half bad either! And Daniel loved challenges, even if, or probably because, he had a chance of losing. It made the game all the more exciting.

He blinked at the other. What a strange question to ask. He hummed silently, tapping his chin in thought. Was he religious? His parents were Catholics, they married in a church and all that, but they rarely visited it. He himself couldn't remember the last time he had went to church. Was Lovino religious? Probably. He wouldn't have asked otherwise.

"No, I wouldn't say I am. My parents aren't exactly religious and I'm more like the overly realistic type. You know, nothing is true until it's proven?" He looked at the Slytherin, smiling sheepishly. "Not that I have anything against religions and stuff. I'm just not a believer." He hoped he didn't offend Lovino. Some people tended to take to his being a non-believer not too kindly.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:34 pm

He nodded, picking at his food lightly. "Well alright then. Sounds like a plan." And if this game went poorly, Lovino would just steal the ball and practice with it until he was better at football again. It would be fun though, to get another chance at playing football. It really had been far too long since he had been able to play a game.

Lovino shrugged and took a bite of his food, chewing and swallowing quickly. "I don't care if you're a believer or not. I was simply curious." Watching Daniel slightly, he looked around the kitchens and hummed slightly as he thought. "You're Hungarian, right? Do you speak any languages other than Hungarian and English?" Because why not ask weird questions.

He leaned back in his chair and played with his fork, closing his eyes as he thought. He figured that Daniel would return the question, and Lovino wanted to make sure he actually understood all of the languages he thought he did. It was actually a bit more difficult than he thought it would be. He would have to put more practice in to them.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:51 pm

He relaxed slightly, letting out a relieved smile. "So, are you? A believer, I mean?" He pushed his half-eaten soup away and pulled the plate of pasta the house elves left there closer to himself. He eyed the basket of bread weirdly. Who would eat bread together with pasta? So weird.

He blinked at the Slytherin, tilting his head slightly. "How do you know I'm Hungarian? I wouldn't have thought my accent was that recognizable..." That was strange. He didn't remember telling the other that he was Hungarian.

Daniel laughed sheepishly. "Although, Hungarian cuisine being my favorite thing to eat might have given me away." He felt kind of stupid right now. Of course, who else would love to eat Hungarian cuisine than a Hungarian? "German on an intermediate level. What languages do you speak? I mean, your accent isn't British, American, or Australian or something, aaand you like pizza, so I'll just take a wild guess and say you're Italian." He had no idea why, but Lovino struck him as Italian for some reason. Oh well. Must be the pizza and that he had ordered pasta for them.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:57 pm

He nodded, taking another bite of the pasta. Lovino paused to chew and swallow before talking. "I am, yes. Which was why I was curious to know." He explained, going back to eat. He noticed that Daniel had avoided the bread and rolled his eyes, scowling faintly. He didn't get why people wouldn't eat the bread; it was delicious, especially this bread because it was made just right. Lovino knew that was because of magic but still.

Pausing and tilting his head, Lovino stared at the boy across from him. "I could have sworn that I remembered you saying you were from Hungary at some point... " He shrugged slightly, leaning back in his chair to think about it. "Though it is entirely possible that I just guessed at it, like you said." But he felt like that was wrong. But oh well; he'd figure it out eventually.

Lovino wrinkled his nose at the mention of German, though he didn't comment on it. His hatred of German was probably similar to Daniel's dislike of potions; though the Italian did feel that there was an explanation behind Daniel's dislike that made more sense than Lovino's. He nodded. "I am Italian, yes. Other than my first language and the one we're speaking now, I also speak Spanish and Latin." He had never understood the Latin part of his education until he had been placed in a magical school. Then it had all made perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:44 pm

He was sure he didn't say he was Hungarian, absolutely, totally positive. And Lovino really was Italian, which meant he had guessed right! That was kind of weird. Oh well, maybe they both had a strong sixth sense? Or a very open Inner Eye? Daniel could barely hold back a snort; yeah, right.

He raised an eyebrow when Lovino wrinkled his nose at 'German'. Did he dislike the language? Or the country? Daniel himself didn't really like German either, although he liked it considerably more than Potions. He just didn't understand why they had to learn the language; they had a Revolution just to stop German from spreading in Hungary! Okay, that wasn't the sole reason of course, and their proximity to Austria might have had something to do with the language's popularity but still.

"That's so cool! I have always wanted to learn Latin!" Most spells, if not all of them, had been derived from an ancient Latin word, so knowing the language would be very helpful with his hobby. He was tired of using English-Latin dictionaries; they never seemed to have the exact words he needed.

'Knowing Latin would be very helpful indeed' Daniel thought, looking at the Slytherin thoughtfully. One on hand, it would be pretty weird if he asked him for help after knowing him for about two hours. On the other hand, he would only need a very small favor and about five minutes of Lovino's time. "Umm, I know this might be weird after knowing each for such a short time, but could you help me with something?"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:11 pm

"Latin isn't exactly something I wanted to learn when I was younger, though I can see how useful it is now." When he had first started learning, the only reason he actually paid attention was because he got a tomato for every Latin verb he could conjugate correctly. He had worked his butt off to get as many tomatoes as possible back then. And he had succeeded.

He frowned and tilted his head, giving Daniel a suspicious look. "What do you need my help with?" He wondered, confused. It wasn't often that anyone - let alone someone he barely knew - asked him for help. And thus he was automatically suspicious of their intentions. It was a terrible thing to do, he supposed, but it was his instinctive reaction to something he doesn't expect.

Lovino finished off his pasta and gave the empty plate to one of the house elves, pulling the basket of bread closer to himself and starting to eat it. It was almost like the food from back home; almost, but not quite. Still, it was good enough for him at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 am

He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the other's suspicious look. Really, he wasn't about to ask him to tickle a sleeping dragon! Rolling his eyes at someone he was asking for a favor probably wasn't a good idea though. He smiled at Lovino sheepishly. "It's not exactly a large or very strenuous thing. I just have a, umm, little hobby and I would need your help with that. Could you possibly maybe translate a few phrases and/or words for me? Dictionaries aren't always accurate enough or they just don't have the word I'm looking for."

There. Nice, polite, and the Slytherin won't think he is some overly self-confident prat, which tended to happen when he told his hobby to someone. Why they wouldn't believe that he made spells was beyond him. Sure, it was supposed to be hard and all, but he just had a knack for it. His skills with spells probably made up for his lack of skill with potions. Or maybe he was just trying to find a nice explanation for his weak grasp on the subject.

He smiled at Lovino. "So, what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:17 am

He scowled when Daniel rolled his eyes, feeling himself turn a little red and disliking the Gryffindor for making him do so. He hated getting flustered and embarrassed in front of other people; it always made him feel like he was suddenly less something than before. Raising an eyebrow as he listened to Daniel talk, he let the house elves take away his plate and replace the bread he had eaten. Sure, it just meant that the basket would never be empty and he would feel obligated to eat all of it, but that wasn't a bad thing.

"Tell me about this hobby and I might agree." Might being the key word. If Daniel's hobby was going to be something stupid and/or dangerous, Lovino wanted nothing to do with it at all. Of course, there were some stupid and dangerous things that weren't so bad. Not many of them required the use of a dead language though, which made the Slytherin suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 am

Well, damn. He thought he had managed to get away with not explaining his hobby. Apparently not. He really didn't want to make himself seem like some overeager spellmaker wannabe. He had met a bunch of those already, and they rarely had any clue what they were doing. Which was not only dangerous, but very very stupid as well.

"Umm, I kind of make spells. And I'm sure you know that most spellwords are derived from Latin and maybe a few from a country's specific Ancient language. That's the reason I need your knowledge of Latin; as I said, dictionaries are rarely accurate or they simply don't have the words I need." And very few Latin dictionaries could be found in the library.The Headmaster probably realized how dangerous it was for inexperienced students to try to create new spells. If you don't make a spell carefully enough, paying attention to even the smallest of details, it could easily backfire. Daniel learned that first-hand when one of his first spells got out of control; luckily, it was a mere harmless little jinx, but it was still powerful enough to leave a scar on his side.

"So, will you help me, please?" He sincerely hoped Lovino didn't know how dangerous his hobby actually could be. He really, really wanted his help.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Lovino just stared. Why... why would any one be so stupid as to do something so dangerous when they haven't gone through the most difficult part of their schooling yet? And to not take Arithmancy with this sort of thing as their hobby... and to even call it their hobby! "... you're a special kind of idiot, you know that?" Some how, Lovino liked him more now that he had told the truth rather kept it vague.

"But, I'll help. So long as you're not making any thing that involves death or dying or pain. Those three things will take me out and you to the headmaster." Because as friendly as they were being right now, the Italian wasn't going to stand by and let Daniel do something that would harm some one other than himself. If the younger kid wanted to hurt himself, let him. It wasn't any of Lovino's business.

He glanced at the clock and then his watch before thinking over what homework he still had left to do. And then wincing slightly because it was a lot and he really shouldn't have pushed it off so long. Even though this had been the most fun he had had in a while. Not that Daniel was the reason for it! No, it was just that Lovino didn't often get to talk with other people. That was all. "How about we meet up in the library tomorrow and take care of things there?" Lovino proposed, standing up.
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:47 am

Daniel winced at the other's look. Great, now he thought he was some kind of loony. Damn, why didn't he just keep his mouth? He smiled weakly at the 'special kind of idiot'. "I'll just take that as a compliment."He knew it wasn't supposed to be one, but still. He preferred pretending that people liked him rather than face the truth that they didn't.

He snapped his eyes to the Slytherin, gaping openly in shock. Did he just say he would help? No, that must have been some kind of wishful thinking on his part. Or Lovino was joking. But he looked dead serious. "Of course I'm not making anything like that! Do I look like some kind of wannabe dark wizard to you?!" he said indignantly. He knew he shouldn't talk to the Slytherin that right after he had agreed to help him, but damn if the other thinking he would do something like didn't sting.

"Sorry." He really shouldn't have talked like that. "Yeah, sure, tomorrow at the library would be fine. When do you finish with your classes?" He himself had 6 classes the next day, so he would be done pretty early. He was pretty sure he would have time to grab his notes from his dorm and make his way to the library before Lovino. Or maybe not. Then he would just have to take his notes with him to class, which he didn't really like. God forbid one of the teachers found them and started asking questions.
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:37 am

He rolled his eyes, shrugging faintly. "You do that Daniel." Because he may as well take it as a compliment, since Lovino did have some admiration for him. Anyone who could actually have something so dangerous as their hobby and feel comfortable with it was either admirable or insane. Since Lovino tended not to be someone who hung out with insane people, he would go with admirable.

He hid a wince at the look on Daniel's face, refusing to feel guilty for making the comment. "You're the one with the dangerous little "hobby"!" He huffed and scowled at him, crossing his arms tightly. He was really focusing too much on the dangerous aspect though. Daniel seemed more like the type to make potions that would help other people instead of hurt or hinder them. "But no, you don't seem like that type." He muttered, looking away from the other teen. And he wasn't scared damn it, he just... he just didn't want to look at Daniel's ugly face any more, that was all.

He just glared when Daniel apologized, knowing that the taller teen didn't really have anything to apologize for. "A few hours before dinner." As in two hours. But Potions was his last class for the day, so often Lovino just stayed after class to talk with Professor Kirkland. She wasn't exceptionally busy most of the time and he liked having that sounding board. He was struck with the sudden thought that maybe he should reveal his own creating habit to Daniel before deciding to wait on it for a later date. "I'll see you tomorrow then?"
Back to top Go down
Former Male!Hungary

Former Male!Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:52 pm

"Dangerous doesn't equal dark!" He huffed, glaring at the Slytherin. However, the look immediately vanished when Lovino admitted he didn't think he was one. "Well, thanks, I guess. And I really am not the type. I would be a pretty sucky noble, brave, and loyal Gryffindor if I did stuff like that."

Why was he glaring now? Because of his Gryffindor comment? He had no idea how that would offend him though. Not that he understood Lovino's reasons for glaring half the time. Maybe he was just grumpy by nature. Or he simply found Daniel annoying or something.

Few hours, huh? Not very exact, but he was pretty sure he would have enough time to grab his notes and walk to the library. He nodded and stood up as well, thanking the house elves for the food. "Yupp, see you tomorrow!" He was already feeling giddy with excitement, and he had no idea why. He must have been excited because now he could actually finish some of his spells! Yes, that was most certainly it. He gave the Slytherin one last beaming smile and left the kitchens, eagerly waiting for tomorrow.

((So, I'm guessing this will be moved to the Library?))
Back to top Go down
Former South Italy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:44 pm

"I know that idiot! But dangerous can lead to dark." Why was he continuing this argument? Lovino honestly had no idea why, it was actually kind of odd. Snorting at Daniel's continuation, he gave the taller teen a look. "Being a Gryffindor doesn't stop you from being an asshole." He really should stop talking. He was just going to make Daniel mad.

Shaking his head, he huffed slightly before forcing himself to calm down. "But never mind that now." He nodded in agreement, losing his tense stance now that the two of them were being somewhat friendly. "Bye." He muttered, watching the house elves take their plates away.

He looked up just in time to see the bright beaming smile Daniel gave him before leaving. Lovino stared and scowled, trying to ignore the now red tinge of his cheeks as he huffed. Daniel's smile wasn't that great! It was just a stupid smile, just as stupid as Daniel. He glared at nothing, chewing on his cheek, before storming out of the kitchens and going towards the Slytherin dorms.

((Yup! -pokes you to make the thread- ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]   Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dig a Little Deeper [Daniel] [Closed]
Page 1 of 1